Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dolphin Girl by Shel Delisle - Review



Ever since a childhood experience Jane has loved dolphins. She understands them. Jane longs to be free, like dolphins. 

Jane's life was a fascinating tale. Her mother was a very controlling person, to an OCD point, I thought. Her father seemed indifferent to what was going on with his family. Her brother, John, was moving on with his life with Desiree. 

In school, everyone stayed grouped together in pods. They socialized within their pods, stayed in one location during free time, and there wasn't intermingling between pods to a great extent. 

Suddenly Jane finds herself becoming friends with someone from a different pod. A boy named Sam that she finds attractive. They spend lunch together, and began to enjoy each others' company. Jane starts to fall in love. 

Things don't go easily for Jane. Being grounded, a horrible date, losing Sam to her ex-best friend, dealing with her mother's constant controlling, and running away from home. 

This book was a beautiful story of a girl trying to find herself in the world. A story about falling in love, being hurt, learning to forgive others. A story of family overcoming obstacles and hopefully coming out better in the end. 

I loved this book. It was very well written and I found myself unable to put it down. I would recommend this book to anyone over 14 who is looking for a great young adult romance with a lot of meaning. 


Rating: 5 out of 5



2 comments:

  1. Jane's life was a fascinating tale. Her mother was a very controlling person, to an OCD point, I thought. Her father seemed indifferent to what was going on with his family. Her brother, John, was moving on with his life with Desiree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll immediately take hold of your rss feed as I can not to find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've
    any? Please allow me realize in order that
    I may just subscribe. Thanks.

    my web page luxe vakantiehuizen

    ReplyDelete