Saturday, January 28, 2012

How Did I Get Started In Book Reviewing?

What a great question! Stephanie over at Ever After PR asked book bloggers this question today. 


I have always loved to read. I think that my love probably became an obsession pretty early on, when I read the Little House on the Prairie series. I read them all constantly, then I moved on to all the other books that branched off from that series. I moved on to Goosebumps (much to my mom's dismay) and oh how I loved R.L Stine! I read every Goosebumps book I could get my hands on. I also enjoyed the Dear America series. 
My love of books moved on and I fell in love with Jean Craighead George, Gary Paulsen, and Lois Lowry. I read Where the Red Fern Grows so many times I had to buy a new copy. 


Although I will forever love the books from my childhood I moved up in my reading as I grew up (as we all do, I suppose). I started reading James Patterson, Dean Koontz, and Stephen King. I love the Left Behind series, the Harry Potter series, and the Twilight Saga. When I started using an e-reader I expanded my reading list. I have now been enjoying romances, paranormal fiction of all kinds, Young Adult fiction, dystopian novels, and any thrillers I can get my hands on.


It is pretty obvious that reading is a true passion for me. I also always wanted to write. I would have all these stories rolling around in my head, sit down at a computer or some paper, and just go blank. I have never been able to put what sounds so amazing in my head down on paper. That is something that, for now, I have put away. 


It was after my latest writing attempt that I realized that I could still reach people. There are so many book lovers out there. Look around a little and you will find book bloggers every where. I figured I might as well add my voice. I started my blog by just reading and reviewing books I already owned or had won in contests. I also started networking and joining sites like Book Blogs and a great group of Newbie bloggers, and just recently Ever After PR. Now I have a list of books from authors that I am working on reviewing. 


Just because I can't write my own books doesn't mean that I cannot write about the great books I read. Now I can still share my thoughts, and books I love, with other readers out there. I hope I can grow my blog and work with new authors. I have really enjoyed the books that I have received from first time authors. They need their voice heard, and I love being a part of making that happen(even if, for now, I am a very small part).



I selected this post to be featured on www.bookreviewblogs.com. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

8 comments:

  1. You sound like you read all the same type of books I do. I think it is a great idea to review books and you can always learn about books that you never would have thought to read.

    Now I know who to send a copy of my book to when I finish it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually read several that I didn't even know I would love the genre so much. Now I am hooked. That is how I came to like dystopian novels. And I would gladly read your book. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I started out heavily blogging about books also! Now I have to strictly limit what I accept because I just don't have as much time as I used to. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is definitely an issue! I just started and I already have around five books in my review list. I love it though!

      Delete
  3. Book reviewing is a lot of fun. What reader could resist the lure of free books?

    If you like thrillers, you might like 'Eminent Domain,' a book I wrote with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Amazon and read about it. It looks good. Different from others I have read, and interesting! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete